Thursday, August 16, 2007

Variety of Stitches

I have gotten in the mood to knit after visiting a wonderful yarn shop in Buffalo last weekend. Debbie discovered a fun pattern for a scarf she wanted to knit and I decided I needed it as well. The yarn is soft and fantastic to work with. I've never had to follow a diagramed knitting pattern before so I ended up ripping it all out a couple times. Finally Debbie came to the rescue and emailed me the pattern in "normal" knitting terms. SO much easier! I am planning on taking the scarf to Scotland with me when Aimee and I go in September. You never know about that Scottish weather!

And here is how far I've gotten on Ellie's Christmas stocking. I stitched this for her a couple years ago. I have a gorgeous silk for the back and a matching lining fabric, plus cording for around the stocking. I went to put the stocking together for her two years ago so she could could hang it on the fireplace in their new house, only to discover that the bag contained the silk, lining fabric, cording, thread...BUT NO STITCHED PIECE! I have searched this house from top to bottom, back to front. I've been through every bag, box, drawer, shelf I can find and no stitched piece. So, what does a grandmother do for her first granchild??? She stitches it again! Yeah, nuts, I know. But the stocking is SO Ellie and I want her to have a stocking she can keep forever. Plus...I have to do another stocking for her baby sister who is due December 1st. I don't think that one will be done in time.


2 comments:

Disney Mummy said...

Both projects are going to be so pretty when they are done. Do share when you finish!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Welcome to HSKS3- from a fellow Twin Cities resident! I'm the Gryffindor prefect- but I like to check up on what everyone else is doing. So, again, welcome to HSKS!