Friday, August 24, 2007

Garage Sale Treasures

Chuck and his friend Jerry have spent most Saturday mornings this summer at garage and estate sales. Jerry looks for tools that he can turn around and sell at his booth at a Sunday flea market. Chuck basically tags along for the fun of it. In the process he has brought home some wonderful finds, including an incredible 5" cedar chest in perfect condition for $75, a big old trunk which I can refinish for $5, a beautiful china hutch (which he is refinishing) for $10, and lots of miscellaneous cut glass, one thing I collect. A couple weeks ago he came home with 2 cross stitch pieces that he got for $.25 each, including this one. They have 1929 written on the back. I love this piece and am considering recharting it.

I am spending lots of time putting the final plans on the trip to Scotland Aimee and I are taking in September. We have almost all the lodging in place, except for one area and hopefully I can get that finalized today. One place we are staying is an actual old church. Check it out! www.oldchurch.eu I'm really excited about that one. I'm still trying to find some needlework shops to visit in Scotland. I visited Nifty Needles in Linlithgow when we were in Scotland last time and LOVE that little shops, but I'm not having much luck finding any other fun shops. There must be more!! I keep asking but so far I'm not getting any answers. (Like I need any more stash!)

1 comment:

Disney Mummy said...

Oh garage sale treasures are fun. I get all excited when I find vintage View-Master stuff for cheap--like i did at an antique shop last weekend.