Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Storm....Another Power Outage

For the third time in the month of August we've had a storm during the night and have ended up with no power. This is getting OLD. There are trees down all over the city, including one just around the corner from us which fell partly across 81st Street. The wind was horrendous, the rain so heavy it was one solid sheet of water, and the hail violently pelted everything. How long are we apt to be without power this time? I hope it's not 2-3 days like in the past. I might just as well empty my refrigerator and freezer and start over. (At least I could get them cleaned!) I decided just to come into work early (me? early? ROFL!!!) so I could at least read my email. I look so "lovely" since I couldn't use my hairdryer or curling iron and was putting my makeup on in shadows.

1 comment:

Disney Mummy said...

You look just fine!