Wednesday, July 25, 2007

JUST FOR LAUGHS COMEDY FESTIVAL



I spent last weekend in Montreal at the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival. Among other things, my friend Maria and I saw Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood on Friday night, followed by Eddie Izzard. Eddie added a second show at the last minute so we were able to get tickets and see him again on Saturday night. We got autographs and photos both nights as well. I was lucky to be able to thank him in person for the email he sent my nephew Brandon 18 months ago after Brandon's horrendous car accident and Eddie remembered sending it. I asked if I could give him a hug to thank him and he said, "Of course." He is truly a very nice, compassionate person ~ as well as one funny guy!

2 comments:

Disney Mummy said...

You got to hug him?!!! You didn't mention that in your email. Very, very cool!!!

Debbie said...

You are such an Eddie stalker! Good to know he appreciates his fans.