Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me


Yesterday was my birthday. My birthday present from Tony and Darcy was tickets to the Children's Theatre for Ellie and me to see High School Musical. I had originally planned to take the day off, but at 400 on Monday my boss got a call from an attorney on the other side of a divorce proceeding and we needed to have a Marital Termination Agreement prepared for signature on Tuesday (and in the end it didn't happen anyway) so I volunteered to come in until noon. I got the MTA done and then went to Lakeville to pick up Ellie. She was wearing the High School Musical shirt I bought her at Disneyland and was so proud of herself! We headed off to the Children's Theatre. She was so excited because she loves High School Musical and because we got to spend the afternoon together. We had seats in the 4th row and really enjoyed the performance. Darcy takes her there a lot so she knows the routine. She was telling me that there was a "little break" and we could get cookies. So when intermission came, she headed right for the cookies! After the show, I bought her Sharpay, one of the dolls (the size of a Barbie). She was so excited! As we were leaving I told her that was the best birthday present I had ever had and she said, "I knew you would say that. Sometimes I think I'm a genius." We decided to stop at Target on the way home and get the movie. Ellie then decided that we should see if they have more dolls because if we got the Gabriella and Troy combo then we could have a "mom, dad and sister". She has everything figured out!! And at Target we did find the movie and Gabriella and Troy. As we were leaving Target she was beaming from ear to ear and she said it was a High School Musical day. She got a shirt, she got to see the play, she got 3 dolls and she got a movie. It was almost her "best day ever."

We then went back to our house where Chuck was busy grilling. He made hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken breasts; he had picked up some salads and a birthday cake from Cold Stone. Tony and Darcy arrived shortly after we got there. During dinner Ellie decided that she and I would celebrate my birthday together every year ~ and next year we'll celebrate it at Disneyland! Tony and Darcy were laughing so hard that Darcy had tears rolling down her face.

Besides the Children's Theatre tickets, Aimee sent me a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of pink, white and lavender roses with a balloon; Erik gave me a gift certificate to Coldwater Creek; and Chuck gave me a 5-ticket package for the Minnesota Vikings including the Green Bay game. Erik also gave me his Blackjack phone which he has only had about 2 months because he got an iPhone. Chuck said if he could have found an iPhone he would have gotten me that because I really want one. I had so much fun playing with Erik's.

So I had a nice birthday. Tonight Erik and I are going to see Harry Potter. I've seen all of the movies on opening day and didn't want to break the tradition.

OH...I got a call from Ellie this morning to tell me that she's going to have a sister!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Neila!!! Would you mind emailing me your address at carolsutcliffe@comcast.net?? Thanks!!! ;-) So glad you had such a lovely day! Have you been stitching lately??

Disney Mummy said...

Your lame friend in Massachusetts turned on her computer on Tuesday morning and looked at the schedule for the day. Neila's Birthday was right at the top. ACK! I mailed your birthday card on Tuesday morning. Sorry it's late. Glad to read you had a lovely birthday. I cannot believe how big Miss Ellie is getting and she's going to have a baby sister. How wonderful for them!

Aimee said...

"Sometimes I think I'm a genius." HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA!!! Classic Ellie...I think you need to write that one down!