Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!

So far today, after making the requisite run to Starbucks for my daily caffeine, I have spent cooking. I haven't quite figured out how I end up spending half a day in the kitchen for a meal at someone else's house, but it seems to happen. Darcy wanted me to make potato salad since she says my potato salad is the "world's best". It's just potato salad...nothing special. I just make it the way my grandmother taught me to make it. Then I made a new "fruit surprise" for Ellie. This one is made with lemon pie filling and Cool Whip ~ and all the fruit I could pack in. I thought a lemon fruit surprise would be a refreshing change. And, since Tony is planning on grilling chicken breasts, I made baked cinnamon apples for Ellie, a la Famous Dave's, her favorite restaurant. Nothing was complicated; it just all took time. Now we're off to Tony and Darcy's for food, fun and fireworks!

No comments: