Monday, July 16, 2007

Another Monday

Bah humbug...another Monday. As much as I like my boss, I really hate coming into work, particularly on Mondays. I so need a new job with new challenges, but I'm not going to make any changes until after Aimee and I get back from Scotland. I have a good thing going now with only working 4 days a week, being able to take days off whenever I want and get paid for them, being able to be late (this morning it was 20 minutes) and not getting in trouble. I'm just burned out in this job. I have so many other things I'd like to be doing with my time. Our lease is up on our office at the end of February 2008 and I'm thinking that my boss may retire at that time.

On a more positive note, I spent Friday and Saturday at the Midwest Scrapbook Convention in St. Paul. It was held at RiverCentre which is huge so there was lots and lots of space to get into the booths (where I spent too much money, of course). I took 3 classes which were all fun ~ and I won doorprizes in 2 of the classes., something that NEVER happens! One of the classes was using normal office supplies when scrapbooking and it was a lot of fun. I wanted to make a beeline to Office Max!! They used name badge holders tied together with a ribbon as additional photo holders or journaling pages. I also took a heritage class in which we made 4 - 12x12 pages plus a magnetic canvas. I loved that class and got so many great ideas for making the heritage album I intend to make as a result of my family research. And I found Lego brads which will be fun for all the photos I have of Tony and his Legos, followed closely by photos of Ellie at the Lego Store at Mall of America.

Sunday I spent a good portion of the afternoon stripping wallpaper from the kitchen walls. I'm so glad I thought to put sizing on the walls before I hung the wallpaper oh so many years ago. It's making stripping it fairly easy. Unfortunately I ran out of stripper solution so I had to quit. It was almost harder cleaning up the mess afterwards than stripping the wallpaper itself. I have the paint for the kitchen walls. I'm hoping it is the color I want....kind of a cafe au lait color. We have picked out the silestone we want to use for the new kitchen counters. Now to decide on a sink and fixtures, whether to paint the cupboards or not, etc. In the end, whatever we decide on will be a definite improvement! Then it's on to painting the exterior of the house.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see your kitchen when its all done!
And I know what you mean about Mondays!