Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What To Do When It's Too Cold Outdoors To Shop

It was one darn cold weekend and I just stayed indoors the whole weekend. In order to avoid eating and to keep warm, I kept the needles moving!

This spring I will be taking a couple workshops with Merry Cox offered by the Needlework Guild of Minnesota. The first is Shepherd's Retreat Sewing Case. I got the kit out and started the prework, i.e., stitching! If it is all stitched, I should be able to come home from the workship with a finished case. It's being worked on 36 ct. antique cotton R & R Reproductions Linen using Soie d'Alger Silk, Gloriana Silk, DMC and Sampler Threads. I was only able to work on it when I had great light because much of it is done one-over-one. I love how it's coming out.



When the sun went down and I had to go to artifical light, I worked on the historic mystery sample from Gift of Stitching Magazine. I'm stitching it on a Lakeside Linen using Dinky Dyes silks. This sampler is so much fun to stitch on. I hate putting it down.



Lately I have gotten into scissors and scissor fobs. Here are a couple I recently ordered from etsy. The scissors are called ice cream swirls. Aren't they pretty?



Now, if only it would get really cold with mountains of snow so I could stay home from work and just stitch!

7 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

We have icy roads this morning, so I'll probably be staying in. Some good stitching weather.

I bought that same pair of scissors. I love purple! The fob you put on them is beautiful.

Deanne J said...

It's really cold here as well.

Your stitching and fobs look great.

Simone said...

Hi Neila,
Today I received your great fob exchange! Thank you for your wonderful package full of goodies!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your wips are just fantastic. I'd love to take a finshing class!

Heather said...

I LOVE both of those WIPs... so very pretty!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much... coming back to normal bloggy me now finally! Hope you and your HSKS4 alter ego are well! I'll probably be back for 5, but want to ask Jenean about crocheters since I suck at knitting (right now anyway). I even have a secret name picked out already if it goes with characters... tee hee!
Have a great week, Hettie

jcinstitches said...

Hi Neila!
I haven't seen you in waaayyyy too long, but this is me, waving at you, on a snowy day in Minnesota.
Your blog is terrific and I'm glad I found your corner of the web.
Blessings,

Marie said...

How lucky you are taking a workshops with Merry Cox. I would love to see the finished piece!

Nice work on the mystery sampler. I too subscribe to that magazine and was tempted to stitch that.

Love your new scissors, are they very sharp?

You F & S blocks will be mailed tomorrow. :~)