Tuesday, January 08, 2008

First and Last Finishes

Each year my group of stitching friends exchanges a Christmas ornament. For the last several years I've drawn the name of my friend Claudia. I know she likes things she can keep out all winter, rather than just an ornament that will hang on the tree for a short period of time. This year I attempted a flatfold for her and really like how it turned out. I stitched the Little House Needleworks design from the 2007 JSC Christmas ornament issue. Excuse the poor photo! My first finish for 2008 is a Mosey 'n' Me freebie on opalescent fabric. I notice that the Christmas tree charm, which is supposed to be in Santa's hand, is attempting to fly away! Again...excuse the photo!
My first start for 2008 is the historic mystery sampler from The Gift of Stitching magazine. I'm using the suggested Dinky Dyes silks and am loving them! I've never used Dinky Dyes before and I'm impressed. Just holding them is like what I think it would be like to hold a cloud ~ SO soft and fluffy. That brown blob will be a stag eventually!
On Sunday my stitching group had our annual holiday get together. We always wait until January after the craziness of the holiday season. We had such a great day -- too much eating, lots of talking and some stitching! I was introduced to French Vanilla Kahlua. I can see a new addiction in my future!!

Front from left: Claudia and Debbie
Rear: Helene, Teresa, Neila, Char

6 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Your ornaments look grand. The stitching group looks like a really fun bunch of gals.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love the idea of turning Snowbunnies into a flatfold...and it looks gorgeous :)
That Mosey 'n Me finish is cute as a button!

Carol said...

Great job on your first flat fold :-) I have yet to dare to make one - LOL!!! And what a cute Mosey 'n Me - I will have to look in my freebie drawer to see if I have that one. Cannot wait to see your fob in the exchange - our "early" mailing date is fast approaching, and I am so excited!

Aimee said...

You're so cute in that picture :-) LUB OO!

Mylene said...

Your flatfold looks great!! First finish for this year is soo cute and good start with new project.

Disney Mummy said...

Oh what a pretty ornament with the tree and the bunnies. I haven't stitched in over 10 years now--can you believe that? 'Course, I've got scrapbooking, stamping and quilting keeping me muy busy, but that's another story all together!