Monday, October 08, 2007

My First Sock!

I started knitting my first pair of socks! Little did I know when I chose the funky fiber that it would knit into such a cool pattern. I went into the shop and said I wanted to knit socks and asked to be pointed in the right direction. I knew I didn't want stripes so I picked colors I liked...and look what is developing! I'm SO excited and very surprised. I thought I'd just get random colors. There are mistakes in the sock so don't look too closely,but I consider this pair my learners socks. I can only get better, right?

We had a heavy rain and lightening storm during the night on Friday. When I woke up Saturday morning the sky was such a strange color of yellow. I looked out the door at the house across the street and I could see the rising sun hitting the very top of the trees a block over while the trees closer were still in the shadows. The air smelled so good and the colors were so intense. I then walked outdoors and found a beautiful trio of leaves on the ground. I do love fall! I love all the colors and the crispness in the air. I love caramel apples and pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I do NOT look forward to winter, however. I wish it could just stay fall until spring arrives.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

That little yarn shop near me is closing, everything if for sale. I think its called the Natural Fibers store on Penn and 54th. You should check it out.

Heather said...

What gorgeous pictures... I just love the fall. We don't get much "fall" around here, so we'll be going to VT, MA, ME and NH in a week to experience it... love it love it love it!

Enjoy knitting your pretty socks. :-) Hettie

Kaparoo said...

I miss New England's fall. Such colors! MI wasn't so bad either, probably comparable to MN. Beautifil pics...

And a big congrats on the sock!!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of socks and 'magic' yarn. (Might the purple/yellow be a little hint at football? ;) )

Aimee said...

oooh! I heart the socks!

Disney Mummy said...

Those socks are so pretty! Love the colors. Have fun making them and be sure to share the final product with us.