Tuesday, June 20, 2006

FACT OR FICTION

I recently finished reading "The Secret Supper" and have been lurking in the Barnes and Noble bookclub. I find it amazing that people can get so upset over the fact that DaVinci's painting of the Last Supper doesn't contain a chalice or loaf of bread, in the same way many got upset over The DaVinci Code. It astounds me how some people are unable to differentiate between fact and fiction when it comes to religion. Obviously, the painting is only DaVinci's interpretation and as an artist he was entitled to artistic license. Yet the people who get indignat that DaVinci didn't include a loaf of bread, overlook the inaccuracy of the scenery through the windows in the background which is obviously European. It constantly surprises me how touchy people can get when their religion is portrayed in a way other than the way they believe. But, I guess that is why the world is in the state it is, isn't it?

No comments: