Sunday, June 11, 2006

ELLIE'S FIRST PL.AY


Last night we went to Ellie's first play. She is taking drama/vocal/dancing classes at Stagecoach and last night was her debut. She wasn't happy that she had to be a bunny. She wanted to be a princess (believe it or not) but when Tony and Darcy told her she could be a PINK PRINCESS BUNNY it was okay. The play was a musical version of The Little Engine That Could. We weren't sure if she'd actually say her lines but she did....very softly. Now, if you know Ellie, SOFTLY is NOT the way she normally speaks!! She can be VERY LOUD. When they came out she was really searching the audience to see who was there. Darcy said she was probably taking inventory because she wanted to know who would be there. When she saw me she got this little grin on her face and then tried to be very serious (but couldn't quite make it.) My heart just melted and I got all teary. I do have to give Darcy credit...she ALMOST held it together! After the play we took I wanted to take some photos of the budding actress and, of course, she gave me her "best smile"! I did make the mistake of giving Erik my camera to take photos during the play (since I had HUGE people sitting in front of me) and with his shaky hands I got shaky photos. Oh well... After the play we went to Tony and Darcy's for lasagna, caesar salad and yummy raspberry dessert. I think Ellie changed clothes at least 4 times while playing "cushions" with her friend Mya.

No comments: