Sunday, February 10, 2008

What's Your Aura, Man

Today Aimee, her friend Erin, and I went to the Conscious Life Expo in Los Angeles. I don't think any of us were quite sure what to expect, but that didn't stop us. Aimee and I first went to a workshop on UFO Retrievals which basically turned out to be about Roswell, NM and how our government isn't telling the public anything because they don't want to cause panic until they have all the answers. (Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where everyone was climbing on a spaceship to travel to the home planet of the visiting aliens when the people who were working on translating a book the aliens brought yelled, "Don't go! It's a cookbook! Don't tell the public anything until they are about to become dinner.) Kind of a boring workshop with not a lot of new information but it was interesting to see the age range of people in the workshop and the fact that there were probably more men than women who were very passionate about the subject.

The second workshop was on Reincarnation and, when the guy was speaking in terms I could understand, it was interesting. I did have to chuckle to myself at one point because he was talking about being a Conquistador and killing Incas for their gold in one of his prior lives and all I could think about was Bush killing Iraqis for their oil.....history being reincarnated, but that's a whole other story!

Then it was on to a workshop on Past Life Regression. I believe that we've all lived several lives and the lessons we learn or need to learn carry forward with us. I'm just not sure that this woman could actually determine past lives by merely looking at us. Some readings seemed plausible, some not so much. In my case, she said I'd lived in England (which I've always believed) and that I lived to be a very old woman (I've always said I would live to be 100) and that I had many children and many many grandchildren. I supposedly loved to tell my children stories and she suggested that I write the stories down and they would be published. I have been told in other astrological readings that I would be published so that didn't surprise me. And I do love telling my family the stories I am uncovering doing genealogy work. Now, telling Aimee that she lived in Jersalem at the time of Jesus and was a friend and comfort to Mary after the death of Jesus stretched the imagination.

But the best part of the day for me was when we were walking through the exhibitions and came upon a booth where you could have your aura photographed and interpreted. We each decided we wanted to see our auras. We sat in a chair and put our hands on 2 metal boxes which read the pressure points in our hands and transmitted the readings electronically a computer in the camera which read it. (Don't ask me how it works; I only sat there and smiled!) After each of us had our photos taken, the women have people all around guess what color our auras would be. Most people guessed mine would be pink. Well....here's my aura in all it's glory! Yes...to my surprise my aura is pink/lavender and blue! The reading was amazing! She told me that I "see the total picture". I know how to get what I want and don't have to push to get it. She asked if I'd had a cold recently (I had) and that she saw problems with a shoulder (I have lots of problems with my right shoulder). She said a man who has passed was protecting me. That totally made sense to me because I've always believed that my uncle Duane, who was my godfather and who was killed in the Korean War, has always been there to protect me. What blew me away was when she asked me, "Who is Roger?" I was momentarily totally speechless! Roger was my stepfather who killed himself when I was 17. I didn't want to believe he was the person protecting me and I also didn't want to pursue it. There are too many painful memories surrounding Roger. More positively, she said music makes me feel good which is so spot on. My health is good, there is no cancer, but I am a worry wart. NO DUH!! The funniest parts were (1) that I should check the wires behind the TV in my bedroom because they are frayed and need to be fixed, and (2) there is a smell in the kitchen under the sink, possibly mildew...and that is true.

Aimee's aura was a chaos of colors and Erin's was......well, we're sworn to secrecy! You'll have to check out Aimee's aura on her blog.

We did attend a couple other workshops where, during one, we learned that we are what we love and we love what we are focusing on at the time. So, since I'm focusing on this blog and telling you about my day, all I can say is that I love you all!

1 comment:

Disney Mummy said...

Check out the violet & indigo on you! Your inner beliefs are on a very high spiritual level. Not to mention it screams of your artistic abilities and spiritual inspirations & understanding! There's a great book by Ted Andrews called How to See & Read the Aura. I've been slow at it, but am starting to understand and interpret them better.