Thursday, February 14, 2008

Things Experienced While Flying...

There was the woman sitting behind me who would not put her purse under the seat in front of her in preparation for landing. She continued to tell the flight attendant she would do it and the flight attendant informed her that she had to see her put it under the seat. The woman wouldn’t do it and the flight attendant kept insisting that she do it while she was watching. The flight attendant said that she didn’t make the rules, but those were the rules and the rules were in place for the safety of everyone. Grudingly the woman put her purse under the seat. When we landed, she was still complaining to her husband about the flight attendant forcing her to put her purse under the seat. She was absolutely livid! She was going to stay on the plane to give the flight attendant a piece of her mind and her husband kept saying, “If it will make you feel better...” Can we say pussy whipped?? Finally she decided that she wouldn’t change the flight attendant’s mind so she might as well get off the plane. Oy......

Then there was the mid-20 something guy who sat across from me in the terminal in Phoenix. He opened his salad, poured the dressing on it, put the dressing container on the seat next to him (getting dressing all over the seat), and literally hunched over his salad. He reminded me of a caveman hunched over his meal with eyes flashing around in case someone was going to steal his food. I almost had to get up and move. This guy shoveled the salad into his mouth and ate with his mouth wide open. My 6-year-old granddaughter has better manners! He’d shovel in a forkfull, lift his head and look around with food literally falling out of his mouth. I so love “see food”!

On my flight from Burbank to Phoenix, Gene Simmons of Kiss sat 3 rows in front of me. When we got off the plane, I kind of walked behind him a ways because it was amusing to see the reactions of people. We met one girl who got on her cell phone and was telling someone, “I’m walking past Gene Simmons now!” Other people would just pause and look. He had his sunglasses on (how uber cool!) and was very SLOWLY sauntering through the terminal. He’s quite tall and very thin. He was wearing black cowboy boots with fancy silver toes and heels. I couldn’t tell if he was walking so slowly and as far to the right as he could because he was trying to be cool and say “look at me, I’m a celebrity” or for some other reason. So now I’ve been on planes with Gene Simmons, Ruth Buzzi and Eddie Izzard. Who’s next?

1 comment:

Laurie Ann said...

Gene always walks slowly. I suspect joint pain from wearing those jacked up boots for years.

I gave him Excedrin once at a movie theater. I think his combover was too tight.