Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Winter -- Bah Humbug!

Have I mentioned recently that I HATE WINTER!! I know...it's only started and I'm already complaining. Saturday it was involuntarily hibernation while we accumulated something like 5-6" of snow. Yes, it's pretty until you have to shovel it! I mean, why can't it snow during the week so I have an excuse to stay home instead of work. No, it has to snow on weekends when I want to be out and about doing Christmas shopping, lunching with friends, etc.
Then it snowed all day yesterday, but not hard enough to justify staying home. The drive home was definitely NOT exciting though. The plows hadn't done much yet and traffic was horrendously slow. And this morning it wasn't much better. I had such a headache by the time I got to work. I realize that the City of Minneapolis is a big place and there are lots of streets to plow, but it's pretty bad when the snow emergency routes resemble narrow country lanes in Scotland, except they are icy. And don't play chicken with a school bus!
I don't remember...have I mentioned I HATE WINTER? (But at least the Vikings are winning!)

3 comments:

Kaparoo said...

I'm not sure we even got an inch worth of the 'white death' but school was out, people didn't show up at work, and I'm sure the stores are sold out of milk, bread, and beer!
Cinci is absolutely horrendous. I drove the old car today - not because I was afraid of the snow, but of the other drivers!!
12.3 miles. Almost an hour to get to work.
We do usually get a 'white Christmas,' though....
The salt and pretreat so much, the whole place is white all winter ;)

Disney Mummy said...

The weather is just wretchedly cold here. We've got January temps in December. This is too ugly for words.

Heather said...

I'll trade you! We don't get snow here... we barely even get rain! I'll trade you 60 sunny and L.A. wintery chilly days (that would be about 60 degrees) for your snowy days. I know, as a Southern California girl, I don't really know what it is like, but I'd love the experience!!!

Also, congratulations on your adorable new granddaughter! I love the hospital and new baby pics... so sweet! Talk with you soon. :-) Hettie