Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap Goodies!

What a great way to be rewarded after a long, cold, boring Monday at work! There is a set of Brittany bamboo needles in size 3 and a set of ebony needles in size 1. Brittany is one of my favorite needles. I've never tried ebony needles...and they are beautiful...so it will be fun to experiment with them. Laurie Ann also gave me a WONDERFUL book "Knitting on the Road" which I promptly leafed through more than once. I think I've already picked out the socks I want to knit with the yarn Laurie Ann included. There were also some great Ravenclaw stitch markers in wonderful deep colors. I really like the bronze coloring. They are very different from the normal silver or gold markers. And, speaking of yarn, I got 3 skeins of Knit Picks Gloss yarn, 2 skeins of Dusk and 1 of Pumpkin. PERFECT Ravenclaw colors, don't you think! The yarn is so soft. I really wanted to immediately cast on, but I supposed I should finish my Christmas gifts first, don't you think?
But, the GREATEST part of the whole package were the MINNESOTA VIKINGS STITCH MARKERS!! YAY!!! (doing a major happy dance!) Aren't they INCREDIBLE!! I could even take those to the games with me and be stylin'! They will match my purple Vikings hoodie and my purple and gold beads and hat and socks! I can sing "Skoal, Vikings" at the top of my lungs and never miss a stitch!
What a fun Monday it turned out to be after all, thanks to Laurie Ann!

2 comments:

Disney Mummy said...

What a fun package to receive (and I can't even knit and I'm excited about it!)@@@@@@@@@@@

Tanya said...

I'm a terrible prefect. I just unpacked a box and found the prize you won. Can you email me your address?

I'm so sorry.

Tia