Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I See the Decay Implated Last Time Has Taken Hold

I started my day out at the dentist which is NOT my favorite way to start any day. I had a really old filling removed a couple weeks ago and in the process my dentist discovered a big crack in the tooth. So I ended up with yet another crown. I must have more crowns that Queen Elizabeth by now! Since that was done I've had a continuing dull ache in the same region. I had my teeth cleaned this morning and told my dentist that I was still having pain. He took an x-ray and poked around and discovered that there is some decay on my wisdom tooth (yes, I have all 4 wisdom teeth). He gave me 3 options ~ pull the tooth, try to fill it again or crown it. I asked what he thought was the wisest route and he said he'd be most comfortable with a crown. He didn't want to pull it because then there would be nothing to support the tooth above and he felt filling it would only weaken the tooth, eventually leading to a crown or extraction. So on May 1 I go back for another crown. In the meantime, the tooth is really irritated and sore from all the poking. I have one more really old large silver filling to have replaced and then HOPEFULLY I will be done!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I hear ice cubes in the palm work. But then you'd have a wet hand.