Tuesday, January 05, 2010

What does 2010 hold?

I've been told that if a person writes down his/her hopes and desires, there is a better chance those hopes and desires will be achieved. With that in mind, I've been thinking what I hope for 2010.

(1) My first hope is that I can get back on track with my weight loss and figure out why I feel the need to sabotage myself. What does the excess weight protect me from? I know what it prevents me from doing and the negative feelings it creates, but don't understand why I would rather deal with the pain and unhappiness than stay on track and achieve permanent weight loss. This will be an area of major work in 2010.

(2) I hope to be able to make a trip to Tunisia to reconnect with Chuck's family. I also hope that some (if not all) of my kids will mare the trip as well. Connecting with family members on Facebook has really brought home the fact that I want to go to Tunisia. Renew passports!!

(3) I want to find a job where I am truly happy and that pays decently. I'm so burned out in my current job. I adore my boss and all the freedoms I have, but I am finding it harder and harder to come to work every day for a variety of reasons. I keep thinking I would like to open my own cross stitch shop, but then I don't know if I want that kind of responsibility at this point in my life.

(4) I want to challenge myself to do a better job of staying in touch with my friends and family.

(5) I want to take time every day to write in my journal.

That's it so far. Now to motivate myself!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I wish I could open the cross stitch shop with you! Maybe add a few other crafty things too..I'm with you on the job front.

Elanor said...

weight loss-first & foremost- you need to look at doing small changes first to your daily routine. small steps tend to lead you foreward. do you get a doughnut every morning you fill up with gas? pay at the pump instead.

slowly clean out your kitchen of empty food- you know what that is. cut out soda ALL soda even diet this will ease your sugar trigger-trust me.

have a variety of grains in the house. your DH is from Tunsia- i bet they have some grains that are packed with fibery goodness and taste....

i could go on and on but mostly
do NOT beat yourself up if you have a day where you eat nothing but crap food. everyone does and that is just how we are! :)
love yourself